Thursday, September 3, 2009

Julie and Jennifer

Ways I am Exactly Like Julie Powell
ie: Why I will soon be rich and famous

1. I like to cook. Julie Powell likes to cook.

2. I have a wonderful husband who tolerates my many eccentricities. Same for Julie.

3. I consider myself a wanna-be writer. So did Julie Powell.

4. Julie and I both have fat cats.
5. The blogging, of course.


Ways I am Nothing Like Julie Powell
ie: Why I will never be rich and famous
1. I do not live in New York City.

2. I have two small children who take up... my entire life.

3. I have no cool year-long project for readers to rally around.

4. I can't swear online. I just can't do it.

5. About a million more people are blogging now... so very limited chance that my blog will be singled out for any kind of... movie deal.


So there it is. My life as it stands in comparison to Julie Powell's life. Sad.

2 comments:

  1. another reason you are not like julie powell....she whines!! you don't and neither did julia....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never read julie powell's blog, but i love yours!

    ReplyDelete